Dancing for Children
When Robin opened the Let’s Dance (Hassocks) school in November 1987 it was not long before the first show was being organised. This was planned to take place at The Martlets Hall Burgess Hill on Saturday 29th April 1989.
From the beginning Robin always wanted the proceeds from the performances to benefit Children’s Charities. It was decided that the shows would involve ‘Children dancing for Children’. As the years have passed younger pupils have been joined by adult dancers but the theme ‘Dancing for Children’ still continues.
As well as our biennial ‘big’ show, Sponsored Tap Sessions have been held annually for the BBC Children in Need Appeal.
Over the years over £67,000 has been raised for various Children’s Charities by Robin and her dancers. As well as being very rewarding lots of fun has been had along the way.
Our Supported Charities over the Years
- 2019: The Little Princess Trust
- 2017: Chestnut Tree House
- 2015: Whizz Kids
- 2013: The Royal Alexandra Children’s Diabetes Endowment Fund
- 2011: Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association (CICRA)
- 2009: Ovingdean School
- 2007: Chestnut Tree House
- 2005: Newick House
- 2003: Finches
- 2001: Leo House
- 1999: Childhelp – Hassocks
- 1997: Court Meadow School
- 1993/1995: Knowles Tooth
- 1989/1991: NSPCC